Thursday 12 September 2013

A bit of vintage sparkle

Well This is a weird one for me as I have made a card , but using the pop n cuts die which is a new one for me...I need some more time to experiment but am sure the possibilities are endless...I know I can use this with my beloved tags...

So here is my make today a pop n cuts card using the yummy new distress glitter from the man himself, Tim Holtz. I just had to give this a try as I am so not a shiny glitter person , but boy this does not disappoint.
So the card :

and the inside :


Well this die is really easy to use and would be a versatile addition to any collection...cannot wait to play with tags and Halloween for this die! So I kept the colour palette to antique linen and frayed burlap, with a hint of vintage photo and also used the new potting soil archival. (I will list links for all products at the end ).

For the inside I cut away part of the insert using the butterfly on the edge die and embossed using texture fade. For the area behind this cut away I inked with Distress and stamped these gorgeous Papillon butterflies


The glittered butterfly using antique linen distress glitter and wow this stuff is cool, shiny but in a good way!


What is cool about this is that you can heat it and ink it! now that is clever...a link to Tim's blog can be found here. So I die cut a movers and shapers butterfly, applied glossy accents and then the glitter. I then heated with a heat tool and then inked with walnut stain DI...clever eh? 

But I also added this glitter to some long fastners to create my flower centres...


The quote on the pop out centre is from warehouse district set...an all time favourite of mine!


I completed this piece with layers of torn cardstock (which had been inked and embossed) and some tiny butterflies.


Well hope you like my make ...have a fun and inky day!
Trace x 

All supplies are linked above x

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Trace, I love the distress glitters they add great texture, haven't investigated those dies yet though xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Trace. Love the contrast between the flat and embossed areas on this. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous Trace! Wonderful use of that pop n cut die, I like it in it's grungy incarnation like you have done here! The glitter on those butterflies looks fabulous too, (oh dear so that is two more additions to my ever growing wish list... :o( ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not tried any pop n cut dies ... yet! This is gorgeous and I like the monochrome scheme with all the interesting textures. Good effect with the 'restrained' glitter too. It's not just Astrid's list which is growing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful - so subtle and delicate! I love the effects you've got here with these gorgeous distressed tints! A card to treasure! Julie Ann Lee x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Trace - this is fab and what a wonderful die - love it to bits xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a card! Love the texture and inking. The new distress glitter looks super cool. Going on my 'needs' list too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like it? Love it... really want that pop n cuts die, want it more now! Love the muted tones and the glitter really does look beautifully subtle. Fabulous card Trace. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this Tracy, those cut and snaps look good, never seen them before. I too am not a glitter person and wondered if this really would look grungy when I heard about it, and yes I think it does, I like it!! Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a delight, Trace - as you know, I'm not a glitter fan generally either, but you tempted me into the Rock Candy Distress Glitter last year, and I can see you're going to get me in trouble again with these new ones (though there are limits to the colours I'll be tempted by).

    Love all the layers of butterflies, die-cut in silhouette, stamped, dimensional, and of course glittery too!
    Alison s

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trace, this is such a fabulous card! I love what you did with the pop die cut! Those butterflies and torn edges are amazing! You may just push me into this glitter and I am another non-glitter person!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Out of this world gorgeous Trace - really beautiful!!!! I am so glad I decided to catch up with tonight! I have seem some really beautiful and exciting work - bravo!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete