Monday 25 November 2013

Magi Christmas card

I'm ashamed to say that I bought the 'Mini Holidays #4' stamp set soon after it was released but have never used it. However, when I discovered it, unopened, it was a nice to have something new to use. I wanted to make a Christmas card for a man and this is the result...


The base itself is a piece of diagonal striped distressed paper inked around the edges in brown then just mat and layered. For the main picture, I started with plain white stamping card and stained it light blue with dabs of white and then, when it had dried, covered the lot with darker blue stain. I ripped another piece of stamping card to the shape of the dunes before staining it yellow. The lovely Magi silhouette stamp came next, directly onto the 'sand'...


I mounted my image onto white card and then gold mirri card before adding it to my base. For the top left decoration I used a deep red piece of card sprayed with 'Raisin' ink wash and the a gold shimmer mist before cutting out the asters to make then a chrysanthemum. I inked and shimmered some leaves for good measure...


I have to admit that I often find bare spaces a little awkward and have the tendency to fill them, one of my quirks I guess, lol. The space on the top right was filled with a banner die and some clear gems...


Bottom right I added the lovely scrolling sentiment from the same stamp set cut out with a Spellbinders label die and inked around the edges...


The quirky star, which is part of the same set too, is stamped in white and highlighted with Stickles...


Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by to take a look,

Chris xxx
www.mycornerofheaven.com


3 comments:

  1. stunning card Chris - really beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous male card, love this set of stamps and how you have used the images.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Magi - and the torn sandy desert is inspired!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete