Friday 22 November 2013

Victorian Carolers

I just love the silhouette shapes of the Victorian Carolers and have used the Tim Holtz die with distress stains and remnant rubs for my card today
Starting with the rub-ons I rubbed some over my background card leaving a space where the silhouettes were going to be placed.
I dispensed the colours of stains I wanted to use onto my craft mat and followed the wrinkle free distress technique by Tim Holtz.
When dry I added the silhouettes and used a white drawing pencil to go round the edges and make the silhouettes 'pop' more from the background.
However the silhouettes looked rather stark so I cut another set and stamped them with a Tim Holtz Christmas script (use could use any text or music score if you haven't got this one)  .....
..... and adhered them using foam pads to create some depth and dimension.
Three stars cut in chipboard from the Crescent Moon and Stars die were covered with Stickles glitter and I made the poinsettia using crinoline fabric. I was rather please with the quite colourful outcome.

All supplies from the Country View Crafts Shop are listed below.

Have fun with the remnant rubs and distress stains.

hugs Brenda xx

21 comments:

  1. Brilliant , this looks so fab! do love those carol singers x hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, this is stunning, the way you have stamped over the silhouette's looks like the chalkboard technique and I love the way you have edged them in white, it really does make them stand out. The background is gorgeous too! Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Brenda, Love it! Fab techniques too! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful creation Brenda. The addition of music score to the carollers makes all the difference and I love that background. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really delightful, brimming with nostalgia.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of those dies, Brenda. A lovely Christmas card with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely Stunning Brenda. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Brenda, love the silhouettes and the colours are gorgeous. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Brenda. Wow, the carolers really do pop, the white makes such a difference. A gorgeous Christmas card
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brenda, so gorgeous and festive! I love all the little rubs you added along those chalky carolers! Wonderful card and details! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love your treatment on the carolers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhhhhh...these are gorgeous! I just saw those dies demo'd at my LSS...so I was rolling over them already. Your card is even better than the mixed media demo I saw!!

    I love the way you made them look like chalkboard and the musical note stamp is perfect for this. Your inking is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not normally a great silhouette fan but these look really great!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  14. The stamping on the silhouettes has made all the difference :) lovely Benda
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, brilliant use of the silhouettes die! Love the chalkboard look and the way you have stamped on them! Very very cool! Great work, Brenda!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. And so you should be pleased Brenda! Gorgeously artistic card. I love your background and the layered figures look fabulous. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous card - the carollers look so cool!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So unusual and beautiful
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awe, It's so beautiful !!... I LOVE as much the background as all the fabulous details on this card, wow ! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning! Fantastic background and I love how those carollers look with the music, such a cool idea!


    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fine looking couple! Love how you've built this up with the stains.

    ReplyDelete