Friday 31 January 2014

Valentine Heart

Morning all, Donna here with an easy idea for a Valentine gift or maybe something for a wedding or anniversary.


I picked this heart up at work and thought it was the perfect base for adding a floral embellishment using Tim Holtz's new Jumbo Tattered Floral die. I cut four layers of the biggest flower on the die and then to create the centre 4 layers of the same flower but from the original Tattered Floral die, then I coloured them with distress ink using cut 'n' dry foam, I used Spun Sugar and a little Brushed Corduroy just to give it a little vintage feel. I also cut a couple of bits of foliage using the new Garden Greens die which I also coloured with distress ink. Once the petals were coloured I scrunched them up a little and rolled the edges of the petals over the handle of a paintbrush  and then glued them all together.  Then it was simply a case of gluing flower and leaves to the heart along with a little stamped sentiment and finishing with some pretty ribbon to hang it all with.


Donna xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pastel shades, vintage and chic stunning inspiration :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a really great make , love the flower and great soft shades x hugs x trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, love the heart base and beautiful TH flower xx

    ReplyDelete