Friday 21 February 2014

A vintage burlap panel

I have used one of the smallest burlap panels from the shop, they actually come in a pack of 4 containing two x 8cm square panels and two - 9x7 cm panels.


I started by gathering together the elements I thought I would use ......


.... and altering them to suit the vintage feel I wanted to create. The mini tag was distressed and stamped with a small piece of tissue tape added to it. This became the base for the photo.
This frame was stamped with antique linen distress paint using a Tim Holtz stamp.


I also used distress paints on the burlap panel and some walnut stain distress ink when the paints were dry.


I added tissue tape .....


.... and some gesso through the splatter mask.....


.... and then began assembling the pieces onto the panel. 


I used stamps, die-cuts and Idea-Ology together. The label letters created the word ink.



I added some beads and a rusty bell to the side and I also used rusting powder on the spinner and pen nib.
To finish off I used the chit-chat words to tell the story. Who are You?

Have a great weekend and see you back here on Monday with Sue.

Brenda xx






9 comments:

  1. Brenda, this is gorgeous , love all the layers andtextures...these panels are fab aren't they? Love how you have added all the vintage themed elements..love it! Trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brenda so many lovely elements on this panel.....and lots of great texture too. The ink pot with ink written on it looks brilliant. Great work. Have a super weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is really lovely. I love all the different elements which together look fab. Thank you for your inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant composition, Brenda, Love the hand, the frame, the little, lovely picture!

    Have a creative weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda, this is so, so lovely! You have created a little mystery with this beautiful canvas, I now want to know who she is..... beautiful work. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it. Well done. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous little vintage make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - this is such an impressive piece - just love it. Can you tell me all about "rusting powder" ... all new to me. Thanks!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous vintage canvas the burlap background sets of everything so well they are on my "need" list lol.

    ReplyDelete