Monday 10 February 2014

Happy UNvalentine…

Those of you that know me well know that periodically my cynicism rises to the surface and ends up as a reflection in my crafting so, for those of you who don’t care to celebrate Valentine’s Day (the ‘a happy heart is for life, not one day’ philosophy) here’s an UNvalentine tag just for us, lol!


Starting with a medium manila tag with Pansy and Rose Fresco splodged on and dried with a heat gun:


Next came the embossing - a standard clear embossing ink using the large broken heart stamp from Darcy's (Eclectica³) stamp set and black embossing powder:


Repeated on to white card, coloured with Promarkers (or whatever you have) then cut out:


Next I decoupaged them onto the tag and used a white (Posca) ink pen to highlight the bubbles:


Now what better than Dyan Reaveley's sarcastic text stamps? lol - Stamped with standard black ink, cut out and glued flat:


Then I took 3 wire-stemmed paper roses and did the coiling thing. If you don't have any of these you can make your own paper buds by twisting a small oval of card and coiling jewelry/craft wire to glue behind it.):


The scrap box came in useful - I found some matching scraps, one lain and one patterned which matched with the colours already used. Cut a strip of the plain and tear a thinner strip of the patterned to place on top:


Use Black soot Distress ink and a blending tool to edge both strips of paper before mounting them and also edge the tag itself. Glue the three roses/flowers in place (equidistant) on top of the strips:


I wanted an embellishment to match the colours so I found some blue beads that have an irrisescent purple coating and made a little bead drop with some jewelry findings:


This was added to the top left corner:


I added a little mauve chiffon ribbon to the tag to finish it off:


I hope you have a fabulous Valentine's Day whatever your feelings [g]!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great week,



3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Chris I really like this colour combo and makes a change from the normal red loving the bead detail and I have these stamps aren't they gorgeous!

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant - love the curled roses over the strips of paper, what great detailing, and I'm on an un-Valentine kick too today... glad I'm not the only one!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous tag Chris - gorgeous colour combination and details. And yes I agree with your re valentines day! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete