Friday 18 April 2014

#iloveyou

I get asked lots and lots how I make my heart with leaves that I use probably too often! The short answer is I use Wendy Vecchi stamps which involves a lot of fiddly cutting out on the leaves. However, now I am in possession of a fabulous brand new die I thought that you might like to see another version using Tim Holtz dies!
I first came across Country View Crafts when buying Tim Holtz dies and they are still my go-to place for anything Mr Holtz, and, well, everything! The heart and arrow is from the Love Struck die and the leaves from the new (and utterly indispensable!) Garden Greens die. I'm not trying to spend your money for you (!) but if you don't have this die yet you won't be disappointed when it arrives...! A tip - when using grungepaper (like I did) for the leaves, cut one set of leaves with the grungepaper facing one way, and then the other set with the paper the other way up. That way the nap of the paper will be the same!!! The heart was coloured with Barn Door Distress Ink and the arrow with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The leaves were sprayed with Lime Green Dylusions Ink and a little Peeled Paint Distress Ink added to the tips. I lightly stamped a number stamp onto the leaves using Fern Green Archival Ink.
The flowers are the smallest flowers from the Tattered Floral die and Jumbo Tattered Florals. They were painted white and then Barn Door Distress Ink added to the larger one and then stamped with the ruler stamp from the Artful Tools set. Round the edges of each flower I used my Barn Door Distress Marker and then secured them with a brad.
As I'm using dies I really love to use the banner die and it works really well with the new Hashtag stamps! For the background I covered an ATC with white paint and stamped the ruler stamp when it was dry. I dries it throughly and then sanded it down and edged it with my favourite Vintage Photo Distress Ink!

I hope you liked my alternative version of my heart and leaves - feel free to show me your versions!


6 comments:

  1. I am so with you on this die and not having to fiddly fussy cut leaves out by hand!! This looks amazing. Hope you have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegantly shabby and definitely chic! Very pretty Gabrielle, fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Gabrielle and couldn't agree more on that die! You used it fabulously well here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you too on this die - it is never off the table! I love your wonderful piece and the combination of the heart and leaves. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no....now I want that die!! It's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous piece - the leaves look gorgeous, and the die is a must-have round my way too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete