Sunday 20 July 2014

Stamped and embossed bookmark

Hi, Amanda here again, and today I have a bookmark to share with you.  Coming from a family of bookworms, I give a lot of books as gifts, and I think it's always nice to give a hand made bookmark too, as it makes the present a bit more personal and complete.

I've made this bookmark out of grunge paper, as it's more durable than card, and it copes better with the paint effects I wanted to do.  I've coated it with paints and ink, and completed it with a coordinated stamp and emboss set from the Textured Impressions range.  I hope you like it!


First, I cut a strip of grunge paper 2x6 inches and painted it with two coats of pale green acrylic paint, making sure I had visible brush marks along the whole length.  Then I rubbed on a little peeled paint distress paint using cut n dry foam.


Then I applied some cream acrylic paint in streaks using kitchen towel.


I let that dry a bit, then misted with water to bring up the distress ink...


... then blended a little with a paint brush, using long brush strokes, and I added a little more green here and there until I had a nice streaky effect.


Once dry, I stamped with the artistic fern stamp using a dark green permanent ink.


I then embossed the bookmark using the coordinating artistic fern embossing folder.


Finally, I secured a folded piece of aqua coloured raffia and a matching button to the top of the bookmark using a little glue, then added a little knotted thread through the button and bookmark.  To make it easier to put the needle through, I used a craft pick to make the holes first.


Thanks for visiting, and happy crafting!

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment