Thursday 14 August 2014

Make a wish

Hi everyone!
I'm really not sure what's happening but I seem to be simply entranced by flowers at the moment. This is a card I've made for a friend to cheer her up...

MakeAwish16

The card size is 8" x 8" so I cut some white card to an appropriate size to layer up and started with DIs - Milled lavender first then Dusty concord. I wanted a 'blocky' effect so I just dabbed the pad directly onto the card:
MakeAwish01 MakeAwish02

Next came Worn lipstick then Spiced marmalade. A fine mist of water was applied to allow the inks to blend:
MakeAwish03 MakeAwish04

To contrast, Shaded lilac has been applied to tissue wrap which has then been torn and glued on in several places using Multi-matte medium:
MakeAwish05 MakeAwish06

Tea dye DI has been blended through Tim's Harlequin layering stencil and then the whole card has been edged with it:
MakeAwish07 MakeAwish08

Creative Expressions have this great Alpha stamp which I love, it was used with the Tea dye DI to add more depth:
MakeAwish09

Strips of a lilac pattern washii tape have been added to two pieces of brown card then Tattered leaves cut from them and edged with the Tea dye:
MakeAwish12 MakeAwish13

The Grand peony die has been used to cut the flower layers from purple and orange card. The upper layers have been snipped to remove petals then glued together to give them shape. Next came one of Tim's Simple sayings stamps:
MakeAwish10 MakeAwish14

The flower:
MakeAwish17

Completed:
MakeAwish15

Thanks for stopping by today, have fun!

Chris xxx

7 comments:

  1. Wow, a very brave colour combo but it really works! I'm always amazed how the DI don't turn into mud brown...
    The flower looks great too! I bet your friend will be cheered up no end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Great idea to add the washi tape to the leaves. Background a stunner too. I agree with Astrid, bold choice of colours but it works. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I love colour so this really hits the mark with me Chris, I love it all! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The second I saw this my mind started singing "All things bright and beautiful..." This is gorgeous Chris and exudes warmth. I'm sure it will lift your friend's heart. Hmmm, can't stop singing it now!! Believe me you're lucky you can't hear me! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Chris! The colors are blended so well and love the added tissue wrap text! Great tutorial as always. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, yum - I only ever use these colours round Halloween usually - but now I'd love to play!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Chris. Love the colour palette and the stunning floral. I am certain your friend will treasure it.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete