Thursday 28 August 2014

mini fold book

Well it is trace here with another make and this time I have made the most of some of the gorgeous papers in the Wallflower paper stack. Gosh these papers are so gorgeous it is hard to get cutting! I have made a mini folded book , containing simple stamping, remnant rubs ons and a little texture paste.


And here is the book unfolded ...


This book would be great to add small photos, of maybe make a small quote book. 

I started with two pages near to the back of the 12 x 12 stack, where the designs are 3 x 3 " . I cut the strip...giving me 3 pages of 3 x 3 from one page and repeated with different designs from another piece of 12 x 12 " I then creased along edge of designs and folded ...below are the two lots of  pages ..


I then attached one set of 3 x 3 pages (remember there are 3 pieces here and 3 in the other set ) to the other set using tissue tape and creased and folded to form the basic book... So unfolded the book will have 6 pages created on the 3 x 3 designs .

I then scuffed the pages with a tonic edge distressing tool and edged the pages with walnut stain distress ink.


Now to add some texture ...  I applied some antique linen distress paint and some white texture paste to the craft sheet...I then mixed using a spatula.


I then applied the texture paste through the doily stencil in various places in the book.


For the cover , I added some chit chat stickers...I fussy cut some of the butterflies from the second sheet of paper and added to the cover, only gluing to the middle, I added some vintage photo distress glitter to the bodies. To close the book I tied some seam binding dyed with distress inks, into a bow. I added a hinge clip to close pages and tied some seam binding to it.


Here are the pages inside...I added some stamping in jet black archival and also added lots of rub ons , but you could decorate the pages how ever you want .


Here are the pages that I have decorated ...




Well hope you like my make , all supplies are listed below :

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous little book Trace and such a clever way to put it together! This is still my all time favourite paper collection! Your project looks stunning, I specially just love how you did the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous, dear, love your pages, and the beautiful papers you used.The cover is adorable and so romantic !! xo,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous book Trace - a favourite collection of mine too! I love the details and texture on the cover. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Trace, just love these papers still and they are perfect for this charming book xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning book, loving the tattered edges very much, the papers make the book very collectable, can imagine some beautiful quotes housed in there :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Wallflower papers are gorgeous and each page of your book also gorgeous! Love the texture and combination of stamps and elements! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These papers are stunning, love the look of the texture paste. Super project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is gorgeous. thanks for the instructions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab folded book! Love the paper (need some)! Love the softly tinted ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely mini book. Ah, so you cut this vellum?
    I've never done a book before, but yours is inspirational!
    Questions: What did you adhere the pages to? card stock, chipboard? What about the front and back covers?
    What adhesive did you use?
    Thanks .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is the wallflower paper stack not the vellum one and the book is just made from that pack.x glad you liked the book...its a great way to use the smaller pieces of the stack x

      Delete