Saturday 16 August 2014

Monochrome Musical Layout

Monochrome Musical Layout

Hi everyone, Amanda here with another scrapbook page.  This time, I wanted to show a different effect with the musical embossing folder and masks that I used in my July scrapbook page, and to show an extra way of using the masks.  I hope you like it!



First I stuck the Music border mask to the bottom of a 12"x12" sheet of black Core'dinations card using temporary glue, and dragged a Snow Cap paint dabber over it.



Next, I laid cardstock stickers out along the top of the page for my title and lightly marked the rough area they occupied.  I took the letters away and dragged the Snow Cap paint dabber over where they'd been, to match the effect of the bottom border.  Once dry, I stuck the letters down.



Next I made two sections of keyboard to go behind the middle of the page:  I used the Piano Keys border mask as a cutting template to cut piano keys and borders from black paper and then stuck them to white paper with spray glue.


I stuck the keyboard sections to the base card, using masking tape to line them up.  I mounted my photos onto black card measuring 22.5x19.5cm, matted with white card and stuck in place.  Next I added some journalling in the style of song lyrics: I embossed two lines of music onto white card using a Sizzix embossing folder and coloured the embossing black using a brush marker on its side.  The lines of music overlap a little on the folder, so I cut out each line, cut to length and stuck to white card.



To add the date to my layout I scaled up a note triplet from the Music border mask and cut from white card.


I added the music and note triplet to the page and finished with some journalling written in white gel pen.


Thanks for visiting, and happy crafting!

Amanda


2 comments:

  1. He's having such fun in such a beautiful layout Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He really did have fun, I'm glad that comes across :-)

      Delete