Saturday 18 October 2014

A Recycled Anniversary

Hello! Today I thought I share an idea to use up some packaging. It's birthday time in our house and we've had lots of brown boxes dropping through the door (sadly none for me!). This is an anniversary card for a friend's 14th Wedding Anniversary but could be easily adapted for any situation!
Start by stamping an image on cardboard and cut out a section.
Add small pieces of tissue wrap over the stamped image and around the cut out part. There's no need to be terribly neat!
Add paint to the tissue wrap and wipe off the excess with a baby wipe. I used white, red and blue paints.
Stamp the image on top of the painted area. If you lay the inked stamp on your desk (ink side up!) and use the hole to line up the stamp you can do this perfectly. If this is too tricky then stamp the image onto some plain tissue paper and glue it to the cardboard - either way works well!
I cut the cardboard to the shape of the stamp which isn't quite square. I added Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges to focus attention on the heart.
I stamped the whole image again onto plain card and painted the heart with Dylusions Ink in a water pen. Then, when dry, I added Glossy Accents to give shiny dimension then I adhered the whole card to the back of the cardboard. A little ideology and it's complete! The theme at Country View Challenges is 'Sparkle and Shine' - why not have a go at this and add it to the entries? You might win a fabulous prize!

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Gabrielle thanks so much for this inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I love that idea Gabrielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genius! Love your card. Your are a wealth of inspiration. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete