Thursday 6 November 2014

Christmas Bauble Tag

I love the combination of red and green together so traditional Christmas cards and decorations are right up my street….



Starting with a #8 manilla tag and Tea dye DI, I blended ink around the outside before dabbing the square pad onto it, repeatedly. The red (Festive berries) and green (Shabby shutters) was then blended, randomly, all over the top before misting it with water so that the inks blended.


Using one of Sue Wilson’s bauble stamps and Versamark embossing pad I stamped it onto kraft card. Super-fine gold embossing powder made sure that all the fine detail was retained once the powder was heated. These stamps coordinate with a set of baubles dies so I used the matching one to cut it out. Next it was coloured with the red and green DIs before being edged in brown. I also cut a bauble top from gold mirri card and glued it to the top.



Using a polka dot embossing folder, I embossed the bottom half of the tag before carefully rubbing the Tea dye DI pad over it to highlight the spots. The quotation stamp was stamped with Coffee archival ink. The stamp itself comes from Darcy’s Eclectica³ EDY03 collection. Next I stamped part of the fir branch from Lin Brown’s Eclectica³ ELB10 collection. Using a very fine nibbed black art pen I drew some thread from where the top of the bauble will be placed to the fir branch.

Before attaching the bauble, I took a strip of kraft card and inked it with the Tea dye DI and added some brads. This will form a neat divide between the non/embossed sections of the tag. The baubles die set also contains some lovely oval embossed words which fit in the centres. I’ve used the ‘joy’ one cut in kraft and inked over. I also glued some fine sprinkles top right using Glossy accents and a bow at the top of the (drawn) thread. The final embellishment is a length of cream American seam binding dipped in watered down DI.



Top:














Bottom:














Complete:

























Have a great day and thanks for dropping by.  >:o)

Chris xxx




1 comment: