Tuesday 4 November 2014

Simply G45…

Hi everyone,
Today it’s a card using one of my beautiful Graphic 45 papers, one of those that I take out, stroke lovingly and, usually, put away again, lol. I do find it extremely challenging using these types of papers, whoever the designer, as I don’t want to cover anything up!…..












This makes an effective but quick and easy card. Starting with a sheet from the 8” x 8” paper pad, an 8” card blank and a mat:









I decided to make the text in the centre the focal point of the card by framing it. The largest of the Spellbinders nestabilities Floral ovals set is just the right size. 
In order to create the frame I inked the outer edges with DI and then carefully cut out the centre to leave just a frame.
The frame has been glued onto the paper with Multi-medium matte and the edges rubbed with DI.  One of the papers has a selection of toppers on it so I cut one out and edged that too ready to add.

For contrast, I picked out some card which is the same colour orange that featured in the main G45 paper and chose some Cheery Lynn dies – (Craftables) Butterfly and (Creatables) Leaves.



To finish off (and accompany the topper) I chose some pre-made mini sparkly roses and a strip of blue card, all edged in brown. Once it was all put together I added some gems to the blue card too.


Top:














Bottom:















Done:


















Thanks for stopping by today, have a great week!

Chris xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment