Sunday 4 January 2015

A New Year Sentiment

Hello Everyone and a Happy New Year to you all!  

I hope you have all had a wonderful New Year and I wish you all health, happiness,
contentment and of course plenty of crafting in the year ahead!



I am not a great lover of making New Year Resolutions but I love this Tim Holtz sentiment and wanted to make it my own for coming this year.  It was a very icy and frosty day when I made the tag and I have tried to embrace those colours!



I didn't really have a plan when I started but thought the sentiment would go on the left hand side, so I created some texture with the Harlequin Stencil and Texture Paste.  When it was dry (which is quite quickly thankfully!) I blended Weathered Wood Distress Ink around the edges and onto the Texture Paste and stamped some text again using the Weathered Wood.  Lastly I unscrewed the top off the Picket Fence Distress Stain Spray (don't tell Tim!!) and used what was on the plastic tube to splatter a few spots here and there.


I stamped my sentiment in Black Arcival onto a piece of paper stock previously cut with a Spellbinders Labels Die and layered this onto a Marianne Creatables frame which I cut from some grey coloured paper stock.


I always love the "dressing" of the tag and used the Weathered Wood Distress Ink to edge my Tattered Florals flower. The Marianne Creatables frame die also includes a couple of lovely flourishes, so I cut this one from metal and also added some metal lace stocked by my local needlework shop.


The seam binding also got swished into Weathered Wood Distress Ink and dried with the heat gun to create a little bit of crinkle. I love how many different colours you can create with just one Distress Ink Pad! I finished the tag with a Prima Vintage Time Embellishment in Silver.


I hope you all have a wonderful 2015, cherish each moment and live life to the full!

Jennie x






3 comments:

  1. Huge fan of your colours, they are so elegant and really help pop your swirly frame and sentiment off your Tag.

    Happy 2015 to you also:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Jennie! Love the cool colours, gorgeous detail and wonderful sentiment . Love it ! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tag Jennie - with the beautiful lace along the bottom and soft colors!

    ReplyDelete