Monday 26 January 2015

Fresco Paint Card

IMG_6307 copy
Nikki here to share my second project this month. One thing I love and don’t use enough is my Paper Artsy Fresco paints; so I thought I would have a little play with my brayer.
1a
I selected 3 colours to create both my background and the centre piece; London Night, Blush and Concrete. I used the brayering technique to build up the layers.  Leandra at Paper Artsy has a great video on this - here.


3
Once done I took some stencils and stamps and added some extra layers using Walnut stain and broken china distress inks through Tim Holtz’s bubbles and schoolhouse stencils and a harlequin stamp from my stash.

5
I then took a Lin Brown stamp (Paper Artsy ELB01) and stamped the flower and leaves in London Night Fresco paint, before adding broken china DI to the white areas.


IMG_6315-1



 I fussy cut these out and added a stalk for my flower.




I added some chit chat stickers and layered up my card.
IMG_6308 copy
Thanks for visiting us today.
Nikki

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous brayering Nikki, just love the colours you've put together. Love this card! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card from Nikki, love the brayering with those Frescos, looks super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous make Nikki.....love the wonderful details and TFS the video link.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful techniques and a beautiful colour palette! Just gorgeous Nikki! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too, love the colour palette you used, it is beautiful and your card is gorgeous. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too, love the colour palette you used, it is beautiful and your card is gorgeous. Anne x

    ReplyDelete