Thursday 8 January 2015

New Year... New hanging!

Every New Year I make a new hanging for my Studio commemorating the New Year. This year I used the new stamps I had for Christmas (they've been on my wish list for ages and yet never made it into my basket - hurrah for Christmas presents!)
I started by putting Grunge Paste through a stencil on a piece of board. When it was dry I used Cut and Dry foam and painted it with French Roast and then Beach Hut paints. I was pretty pleased with the effect but couldn't stop meddling!!!
I added some gold Treasure Gold which muted it down (did I like it more before?... Possibly!) and stamped the measuring tape. The bird was stamped onto tissue paper, painted on the reverse and adhered to card.
The leaves are the front of the packaging I used for my Santa last month and the birds were also on my desk from a projects months ago - we crafters waste nothing! The 'admit one' ticket is from an embellishment kit and I stamped the year on to a tag label and added the epoxy cover. The clock face and the hand were from my new stamp set - that hand took some cutting out! So this is now proudly on display in my Studio! Do share any New Year projects you make with us (using something new) over at Country View Crafts Challenges - there might be a prize if your project is picked!

1 comment:

  1. It looks beautiful, Gabrielle - doesn't French Roast and Beach Hut make a great combination - must use that soon!

    ReplyDelete