Sunday 18 January 2015

Thoughts, hopes and wishes.

You can tell I'm still in new year mode thinking about the new year ahead with the words I've added to this tag. I made my own for this piece as I wanted something bigger than a size 8 but a bit smaller than a size 12 but both these sizes are available in the Country View Crafts shop.


I scraped a thin layer of gesso over the tag and dried it before using Tim's doily stencil and texture paste, drying that as well. I used the distress sprays to put the colour on spritzing them with water and letting them drip down the tag.


The focal image was mounted on a mini canvas that has also been scraped with gesso and inks sprayed over before a little stamping to add interest. The metal corner was painted with some diastress paints and rubbed back and both this and the key were brushed with Treasure Gold Copper.



The collage was made up of snippets of papers and some little tags, fragment, journalling ticket and button and some scrim stapled to the top.

Have a great week.

hugs Brenda xxxx






4 comments:

  1. Fabulous colour palette as always, fantastic textures and embellishments, love your Tag:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Brenda, LOVE this! Fantastic collage and so many gorgeous layers and textures, super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing Brenda! You have just sold me on that doily stencil, what a fabulous texture you achieved using it! I just love all the vintage elements and neutral tones, what an incredible make!! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Brenda!! Love all of the layers!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete