Wednesday 14 January 2015

You’re the best

I thought I would share a little shabby card with you today. This is a new style for me so it is quite simple!
IMG_6177 copy
IMG_6161-1
I started by taking 2 pieces of card and embossing with a Sissix embossing folder from my stash. I then painted each piece with gesso and allowed to dry.


IMG_6164-1
I painted each card with distress paints – dabbed a bit on, spritzed a little, moved around with a brush to ensure a good covering. The lighter blues including iced spruce, stormy sky and salty ocean.

IMG_6165-1
For the darker piece I used chipped sapphire, stormy sky and salty ocean.



IMG_6167-1
Once the paints were dry I took my sanding block and lightly sanded the surface to reveal the embossing. I have tried this technique with and without the gesso, I find both work, but you get better results with the gesso.

IMG_6169-1
You can see on this photo how the sanded pattern shows through. I used my distressing tool to add to the shabby feel around the edges.


IMG_6171-1
I wanted a shabby flower for my card so cut some of the smaller flowers from Tattered Florals (Tim Holtz Bigz die). I wet the card and scrunched them up and then let them dry. Once fully dry I unwrapped them carefully and made up my flower.

IMG_6172-1There is a great tutorial for these flowers on Jennie’s blog – here.



IMG_6170-1
I stamped a sentiment from my stash and cut around it. I then took a pokey tool and curled the edges.



That is about it – a little lace, a die cut swirl and some leaves.
IMG_6179-1IMG_6180-1IMG_6181-1
IMG_6195-1
Thanks for joining us today.
Nikki

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful embossing, stunning flower and wonderful colours. LOVING your card :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Nikki, simple maybe, but it's effective and beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous shabby card Nikki. Such wonderful colours and your flower is gorgeous! Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, thank you for sharing the how to.
    Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the whit on the blues, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete