Friday 24 July 2015

New flowers

For those of you who, like me, adore PaperArtsy, it's been an exciting month as we've seen the launch of their new products. I was lucky enough to be part of Lin's reveal (more on that here). These new stamps are just a joy to work with and so I thought I'd share a project from scratch with you.
I started by using my brayer and adding blue paint to a tag. I'm never really interested in getting perfect coverage so the gaps are deliberate!
Then I added white paint over the top. The background is starting to come together now and suddenly those gaps don't seem quite so bad!
Using yellow paint I added a little stencilled detail. Just pick sections of your stencil and use it randomly over the tag - this is the background so it really won't be sen too much!
My next stage is to check that the idea in my head will actually fit on the tag! So I placed the stamps I'll use on the tag to double check and... they fit!
I used a palette knife a scraped a thin layer of white paint on some old book pages (I use this technique a lot!) and then stamped the flower heads. I then painted them. The stalks were stamped on to white tissue paper and then painted.
A wonderful attribute of Fresco paints is that some colours are translucent so you can still see the book page underneath.
I couldn't resist using the flower name stamps - they add a botanical bookplate touch! I hope you have enjoyed this post - do let me know! Also, if you have these steps, I'd love to see how you're using them!

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous new stamps, and I love the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have the new stamps, lucky me, (some from the launch as you know and the rest from the excellent CVC) and love what you'e done with them here! Fab simple to do background!

    Hugs
    Lesley XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you have done with these stamps Gabrielle - they look fabulous stamped on the text background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Gabrielle, love the translucent effects and the book pages showing through on your lovely posies!

    ReplyDelete