Saturday 26 December 2015

Holiday Greenery

Hello all!  Alison here from Words and Pictures... I'm so happy you stopped by.  I hope you had a wonderful day yesterday, and are now settling in for the lovely 12 Days of peace and quiet after the chaotic preparations and busy day itself.  I've a pair of tags for you today which took advantage of leftovers and mop ups, and pretty much made themselves!


I started by brayering some gesso which was leftover on the craft mat on to a few tags to use it up.  As you can see, some tags got more gesso than others... Here they've also got a couple of Distress Paints brayered on and then spritzed to soften and blend them.  I think I used Stormy Sky and Iced Spruce, and possibly some Hickory Smoke or Pumice Stone - I forget now.


I left the most heavily gesso'd tag for another time and focussed on these two.  I added a few strips of tissue tape and then spritzed Stormy Sky Distress Spray through one of my favourite Layering Stencils - Festive.  I turned the stencil over to print the excess ink onto the second tag so you get a reverse image (and you don't waste your ink!).


Like many of you, I had lots of "negative" fronds of greenery left from punching the branches for my December Tim Tag.


Rather than throw them away, I decided to trim some of them and press them into use as panels on these tags.


A couple of Idea-ology Photobooth photos take their places.  In my head as I was making the tags these two are both single, and each has spent Christmases alone for the last few years.


But now, like one of those Hollywood films, fate is bringing them together in time for Christmas Eve.


I stamped one of my favourite festive PostCard stamps in Coffee for extra background detailing, and added some holly leaves, cut with the Holiday Greens Thinlits, and Christmas Typed Tokens, altered with some Mushroom alcohol ink.


And some ChitChat stickers help to spread the love...


... bringing the two lonely people together to share some laughter and kindness.


The tags work individually I think...


... but really they were created as a pair.


There's a symmetry in the composition which means the meeting is inevitable.  If you position the tags one way, they're still apart...


... but swap them over and you get your happy ending - so you just know it has to work out.  And that of course is what brings the sunshine out!


Thanks so much for stopping by today, and I'll see you again soon.  Enjoy your 12 Days!

Alison x
Words and Pictures


10 comments:

  1. Fabulous pair, they are marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so creative and so full of your charm!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore the story of destiny ensuring that the two singletons will not spend another Christmas alone! Gorgeous colours, almost dreamy feel to the tags.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Alison, I hope they really are soulmates and not just looking for company of another! What a wonderful story you tell that goes with the prettiest tags I've seen this season! Really these take my breath away! Lovely colors and as always a beautiful composition on both of these! Thank you for all your really sweet comments on my blog; it seems you are magical and can be so many places at one time! I could use a lesson in that! Big hugs! And enjoy your peace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The star crossed lovers look wonderful on these beautiful tags Alison. I love the idea of them getting together for Christmas... What a great way to use the negatives too! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning tags, Alison, and enchanting story..... Love how you've used the stencil on both, and the negatives - brilliant! Love the whole overall seasonal, vintage look, especially that "snow"! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous use of your 'leftovers' Alison, something we all have in abundance at this time of year! Love the soft palette and as always how you have woven your story into your creation, just brilliant to be able to end the story with the happy ending my changing the position of the tags. Thanks so much for sharing them, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. These really are so beautiful! Great use of some gorgeous leftovers! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete