Tuesday 26 July 2016

Rain

Ok. So best laid plans and all that...! We quite often work in advance and this piece is a good example of that because when I made it, it was a rainy day here in England, however since then it's been a blisteringly hot July! I wanted to share it with you anyway because of the cool effect you can get from PaperArtsy's Infusions.
I love these Infusions. You can create some really wonderful effects and this one is one of my favourites! Firstly I sprinkled some Infusions on the page and then spritzed the powder with water. You can then see the ink start to spread (which is pretty cool) and the walnut ink in each pot start to work its magic. When you've seen it work, be brave and take some kitchen roll and wipe it off. Yes! Wipe it off. You'll spread the ink across the page but don't panic! Let it dry.
Add a brayered layer (that rhymes!) of white paint over the top and instantly the background becomes muted - like a cloud. How cool is that?!
I added the stamping and then wanted to make more of the background so added a few stencilled dots.
I hope you like this layout - I loved the Dolly Parton quote!
Thank you, as always for popping by - let me know if you have a go with this technique!

2 comments:

  1. Great page, Gabrielle - and the rain is on it's way so you're right anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic gabby!! No rain please, Bob the builder needs to finish his shed!!

    ReplyDelete