Monday 10 October 2016

A simple start to Christmas!

Nikki Acton Simple Christmas Cards
Hello! I thought I would start making a few Christmas cards using up some scraps of paper lying around. These cards are 4 x 4 inches (10 x 10 cm).

I have used Tim Holtz Ideology paper for these - not sure which packs - as they were scraps on my desk - but probably Crowded Attic. 
I started with 2 layers - one 7x7cm and the other 7.5x7.5 and then cut my die cuts to coordinate - using Star dies and Christmas packages.
For the card on the left of the photo I added a little Hickory Smoke ink around the edges and stamped Happy Christmas from the Scribbly Trees Christmas stamp set around the edge of the card in Watering Can archival ink.  I stamped the same greeting on the red paper in versamark and embossed with white powder. 
For the second card I kept it simpler - no ink - just layered the card and added an additional matt in gold card. Some twine and rhinestones from my stash finished the cards.
Nikki

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant off to a great start with two fabulous cards for the box xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards that you created from your scraps Nikki, wonderful transformation! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete