Thursday 16 February 2017

Tim Holtz Snowglobe - Townscape in summer

Hello All, 

I'm new here at the Country View Crafts blog, although you can know me from the other Country View blog, the Challenge blog

My first project here is a summer version of Tim Holtz Snowglobe Die Set. On my blog you can find the story behind this card, or rather the reason why I made this card.




As for the background...

Take a white cardstock and ink it with a sponge through Tim Holtz Polka Dot Stencil. You can use either an embossing ink or a coloured ink which has similar colour to your embossing powder. (I used Ice Spruce.)

Then cover your rectangle shape cardstock with Ranger Silver Pearl Embossing Powder. Get rid of the excess :-) and heat it.

After you can ink it with Ranger Distress Milled Lavender.


Now the card....

Cut out all the elements you want.
I used heavyweight (300 grams/140 lb) watercolour paper for the elements.

Then start to colour your houses with DecoArt Americana paints. I love the Americana paints, it's so easy to work with them. 




I added the paints onto the surface of the big shape with a sponge with tapping movements.




Here it was not light enough so I added some more white.


The tree is not part of this set, so I used an egg shape die and a polka dot embossing folder for the crown but the trunk was cut out with scissors by myself.




Glue the elements to the snowglobe background.


Then cover the whole snow globe with a medium to give a protection and to give a little shine.




2 comments:

  1. Great project - I love to see this used for something other than Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project blog card Monika and brilliant use of the snowglobe. Lovely to see you here. xxx

    ReplyDelete