Tuesday 20 January 2015

Textured tag 2

Hello it's Brenda here and I am sharing a follow up tag to the one I posted here on Sunday and happens to be the previous post. Whereas the last one was very much more of a feminine theme, this is for those of you who like to have ideas for more masculine tags and cards. Yes although this is a tag, why not use the ideas to make a card?


The background was made by swiping gesso over a size 10 tag, spreading it on like buttering bread. Heat dry.


Drip distress paints or distress stains down the tag so that it covers the background and dribbles through the cavities of the textured areas, misting with water of glimmer mists.


Decide and collext together all the pieces you want to add and I love to layer mine, collage style.


I took one of Tim's found relatives and cut him out but can you see what he is mounted on? Yes I peeled the backing off of the card and then stuck him onto it.


Once the paper layers had been stuck down, I placed the tag under a heavy box to flatten before adding the 3D embellishments.


I used the tarnished silver technique for the movers and shapers chipboard bottle and the rusty cog is one I made for a tutorial on A Vintage Journey, you can find out how to make them HERE

.
Pop back again on Thursday when Chris will be sharing another of her fabulous inspirational projects.

Thanks for stopping by.

hugs Brenda xxx





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Tag Brenda, great colours and fab drippage :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tag and wonderful background, need to touch this one! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Brenda! I am loving that background and the amazing vintage palette! What a stunning collage style tag! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag! Love the colours and the way this came together. Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever way of using the backside of the Found Relative photos (I would like to try this). I also like your combination of words and the perfect amount of embellishments. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful drippage, and I love the wording under the photo - fab tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete